Answer questions on the White Privilege and Colorism worksheet.
White Privilege and Colorism
Answer these questions and include your answers when you submit your assignment.
What is White privilege?
· If you are White, what are examples you can think of where you have experienced and/or currently experience White privilege?
· If you are a person of color, what are some examples of being denied privilege due to your color?
· What other kinds of privileges exist in American society, such as male, wealth, beautify, stature, education, last name?) How do they provide privilege?
· Can you think of privileges that change, depending on the social context, such as a deaf student using sign language in a deaf community, or an African American member of NAACP)? Provide some examples.
What is colorism? How did this idea develop, and what are its roots?
· What are some examples of colorism within today’s overall American society?
· To what extent does colorism exist within each minority community in the U.S.? Give some examples.
Write a 350- to 700-word essay comparing and contrasting White privilege and colorism, using the answers on the worksheet.
Submit your worksheet and essay to the Assignment Files tab.
|Need Other Tutorials For SOC 262?
You may click on the links below to go to respective tutorial.
|· SOC 262 Week 1 Assignment ( Definition of Race )
· SOC 262 Week 2 Assignment ( Discrimination, Prejudice, Racism, and Stereotyping )
· SOC 262 Week 2 Assignment ( White Privilege and Colorism )
· SOC 262 Week 3 Assignment ( Native American Group )
· SOC 262 Week 3 Assignment ( Student Autobiography Worksheet )
· SOC 262 Week 4 Assignment ( The Latino Hispanic Ethnic Group )
· SOC 262 Week 5 Assignment ( Asian-Americans )
· SOC 262 Week 5 Assignment ( The Nature of Racial and Ethnic Relationships in the U.S. Today )