Resources: Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), University Library, Library resources: Company Directories and Financials
Tutorial help on ExcelÂ® and Word functions can be found on the MicrosoftÂ® Office website. There are also additional tutorials via the web offering support for Office products.
Select a publicly traded, U.S. corporation with which you are familiar or one where you currently work or have worked in the past.
Research the company on the Internet and download the Income Statement, Statement of Shareholders’ Equity, Balance Sheet, and Statement of Cash Flows.
Develop a minimum 700-word examination of the financial statements and include the following:
- Determine the net income for the current fiscal year (FY). Is this income up or down from the prior year?
- Explain the relevance of changes in net income to investors.
- Determine the ending balance in shareholders’ equity. Why would organizations such as labor unions be interested in this?
- Determine the total value of assets.
- Discuss the relevance of the total value of assets to potential creditors and why this is important.
- Compute the return on assets. Discuss the relative profitability of the company based on your results.
- Compute the working capital and current ratio. Evaluate the relative liquidity of the company based on your results.
- Compute the debt to assets ratio and the free cash flow for your company. Analyze the results and comment on the relative solvency of the company.
- Discuss how the financial statements are used in your current role or a position you would like to hold. How might these aid you in managerial decision making?
Show your work in MicrosoftÂ® Word or ExcelÂ®.
Complete calculations/computations using MicrosoftÂ® Word or ExcelÂ®.
Include the four financial statements along with your assignment.
Format your assignment consistent with APA guidelines.
Do you need a similar assignment done for you from scratch? We have qualified writers to help you. We assure you an A+ quality paper that is free from plagiarism. Order now for an Amazing Discount!
Use Discount Code "Newclient" for a 15% Discount!
NB: We do not resell papers. Upon ordering, we do an original paper exclusively for you.