Human Resources Information System
You have been hired by a company that has recently experienced significant growth. The company currently manages most of its business functions (including HR) using basic open software. The owners are now researching a more vigorous system. You have been asked to prepare a memo to senior management that summarizes how implementing a more complete system can benefit the HR department. While you encourage an enterprise resource planning (ERP) system, you are particularly pushing for a robust HR tracking system.
Using the University online library resources and the Internet, research the advantages and disadvantages of HRIS and ERP.
Based on your research, prepare a memo that covers the following:
· Define both HRIS and ERP, and compare both the similarities and the differences of each process.
· Justify introducing new software into the company and show how it can benefit multiple aspects of the HR department. Specifically address the following:
· Staffing models and workforce planning
· Performance and absence records
· Analyze 3–5 challenges this company will face while implementing a new system.
· Develop recommendations for strategies to address these challenges and help the expanding company meet its goals.
· Write a 3–5-page memo in APA Word format.