Select a mission statement or organizational vision statement from one company that professes to practice servant leadership and one that practices a standard leadership model. Some well-known companies that practice servant leadership are Southwest Airlines, REI, and Aflac. Conduct additional research to locate others.
Once you have selected two companies, write a 1,000-1,250 word analysis that addresses the following:
Include the mission or organizational vision statements of the companies you selected in your analysis.
You are required to locate four articles that support your selected organization’s mission or vision statement. Two of the selected articles must be peer reviewed journal articles. Include information from the articles in your discussion.
Prepare this assignment according to the APA guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
Module 6: Mission Statement Analysis
|Comparison of mission/organizational vision statements of the selected mission statements addresses the following:
· Similarities and differences
· The impact these statements have on the culture of the organization
|Explains how mission/organizational vision statement values are explicitly or implicitly apparent in both companies.||15|
|Provides examples of servant leadership principles or values the company publically represents through employee satisfaction, marketing, and other organizational services.||20|
|Discusses the role of the company’s mission or organizational vision statement in guiding organizational behavior including:
· Includes revisions to the traditional company’s mission statement that would better represent servant leadership.
· Explains how the mission statement should guide the company’s treatment of employees and clients.
|Learner prepares all answers and comments according to the APA guidelines found in the located in the Student Success Center.||10|
|Mechanics of Writing
· Learner is clearly in control of standard, written American English.
· All work includes correct spelling, punctuation, and grammar.
|Language Use and Audience Awareness
· Student used correct sentence construction, word choice, etc.
· Student uses language in ways that are appropriate to the purpose, discipline, and scope.