DDBA8161 Week 3 Assignment: Market Selection & Five Forces Strategy Tool
To prepare for this Assignment, review “Nokia and the Smartphone Industry” on page 22 of Dyer, Godfrey, Jensen, and Bryce (2016), and complete a personal version of the Rivalry Strategy Tool provided on page 41 of the text. Be sure to consider the potential impact of the Five Forces as a tool for shaping industry competition and strategy development.
Submit a 3- to 5-page analysis of the influence of market selection in business strategy development. Your analysis should address the following:
· What is the intensity of rivalry—high, medium, or low—within the smartphone manufacturing industry? Explain your answer using the Rivalry Strategy Tool.
· What is the intensity of supplier power—high, medium, or low—within the smartphone industry? Explain your answer using the Rivalry Strategy Tool.
· What is the importance of correctly identifying and choosing a firm’s industries and markets? Justify your answer with at least one example.
· How does accounting for gaining and sustaining competitive advantage impact the success of business strategy development? Explain.
DDBA-8161 Week 3 Discussion: Getting the Most Out of a SWOT Analysis
To prepare for this Discussion, select a strategy practice case from Dyer, Godfrey, Jensen, and Bryce (2016) presented in the week’s Required Readings, and consider how SWOT data can be effectively used within strategic planning initiatives to gain or maintain a competitive advantage for this specific organization. Be sure the case you select provides an exhaustive overview of the organization’s business climate for strategy.
Post an assessment of the value of SWOT analysis as a contextual strategic planning tool. Your assessment should include the following:
· A brief description of your chosen case, including industry and relevant background information
· An explanation of which parts of a SWOT analysis could provide the greatest value from a strategic planning perspective, including specific examples from your chosen case
· An analysis of how SWOT data could be used to increase this organization’s competitive advantage
· An analysis of how the SWOT data could be used to increase innovation within this organization
Be sure to support your work with a minimum of two specific citations from this week’s Learning Resources and at least one additional scholarly source.
Hi there! Click one of our representatives below and we will get back to you as soon as possible.